This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another

Where I go to church there were two women. They are not related, but you rarely saw one without the other. As they grew older, one of them developed emphysema. Eventually this brought her to the final days of her life and she entered hospice.

You may or may not know that hospice is a kind of care, not a facility. Someone may be in hospice in the care center, in a convalescence center or in a private residence. When this woman entered hospice, she was taken in by her friend. Her friend set aside a bedroom, equipped it with oxygen and a hospital bed. She cared for her day and night, only taking a few hours sleep for herself when a hospice volunteer would sit and watch for her.

I have someone who will do that for me. I married her. But the loving friendship of these two women is inspiring. "This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:35

God Bless you and yours

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Make Maps for my Newton

Why did I start this blog?

Santa Matt's Cookbook for Men