The Mystery of Life

Life is like a really good mystery movie. We start out with no clue as to what is going on. But little by little we learn things and the solution becomes clearer and clearer. As we progress through the movie and more of the plot is revealed we get excited, we want to know all of the answers to our questions. Was the butler really polishing the silver? Was that God that answered my prayers and helped me get that job? Was the poison really in his coffee? Is there a heaven and will I be welcome? Watching the movie we have our theories. We start to pick out suspects based on the revealed clues. In life we have our faith, our beliefs, based on what religion has revealed to us. But right up to the moment the clever hero or heroine gets the confession from the murderer, we are waiting for one more plot twist. And right up to the moment we die, we will have questions. Is there life after death? Did I pick the right church? What will happen to me? What did God mean by that revelation?

As we watch our great mystery movie we are torn. We want the movie to continue because we are enjoying it. But we want it to end so all of our questions will be answered. Life is the same, at least for me. I want my life to continue because the Lord has blessed me so much and I have a really great life. But I am also looking forward to the end of my life, to where I will finally know the answers to all of my questions. I guess life, like a movie, will end when the Maker wants it to end. But till then I think I'll just settle back with the popcorn and enjoy the show.

God Bless you and yours

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Make Maps for my Newton

Why did I start this blog?

Santa Matt's Cookbook for Men