Why did I start this blog?

I suppose the first topic of my blog should be a bit about why I felt the need to fill the internet a bit more with my ramblings and what kinds of things I'm going to ramble about. I am at a point in my life where my outlook on what is important is changing. Due to a number of factors, I find myself spending more time in contemplation. Some of this is religious and spiritual in nature and some of it is just thoughts I find interesting. As for the religious and spiritual aspects, I will say right up front that I am a proud Roman Catholic, a Fourth Degree member of the Knights of Columbus and a Senior Catechist commissioned by the Bishop. That being said, I am not attempting to produce something canon to the Roman Catholic Church. I may well say something that differs from canon. If you wish to know the "Catholic" aspect of something I write, leave me a message and I will find out.

I am also interested in technology. I have a Nokia internet tablet that I have hacked to do more than Nokia ever planned. I have a Nintendo DS that I have hacked well beyond what Nintendo had planned. And I have recently added a Robosapien RS Media robot that I am slowly learning about and how to change his software to something new. I have a number of old pieces of technology that I regularly use because it still does the job, including an Apple Newton. So some of my ramblings are going to be technology oriented.

As I look back over what I hope is the first half of my life, I realize I have had a fairly interesting life and have had the chance to do and see interesting things. I was in the Army in military intelligence and electronic warfare near the end of the cold war. I spent quite a few years servicing alarm systems after hours with a gun, flashlight and a tool pouch. My job was to go and find out why it went off, one way or the other. So I may tell a story or two here and there.

So to wrap this first post up, I'm going to talk about prayer, meditation, technology toys and chasing burglars or something like that.

God Bless you and yours.

Comments

Genghis7777 said…
Hi Matt

Welcome to Blogger. Look forward to reading what you post. What's the Knights of Columbus? How did you come to join the RC?

Cheers

Tony.
Santa Matt said…
The Knights of Columbus is a Catholic men's organization. There are over 1.6 million Knights world wide. We support the Church, Right to Life, Charities for the Mentally Impaired, feeding the hungry, blood drives, etc. We practice four principles, charity, fraternity, unity and patriotism. In order to be in the Knights of Columbus you only need to be 18 years old or older and a practical Roman Catholic.

Santa Matt
Anonymous said…
I was very moved by your testimony having never heard parts of it before. I'm not sure why you want to blog, but I say why ask why and not why not. Now is that confusing?

Oh, and I've never blogged or commented on a blog before.

Popular posts from this blog

How I Make Maps for my Newton

Santa Matt's Cookbook for Men