The blessing of the food for Easter

OK, so I'm a lousy writer. I never seem to have anything to say when I sit down to blog. Wow! Two years since my last blog. Well I've decided to make a change! I will begin with this post to make this a photo blog. I take tons of pictures and I'm going to start post pictures with captions and occasional longer text. So here goes the first one:
Every Easter we have a traditional Slovak breakfast. My wife Monica is pure Slovak and pure Catholic. So we have this tradition, we make all of this special food and take it to the church Saturday and get it blessed by the priest. Here are pictures from the blessing.
 
The basket with the square handle is ours.

Father Gary comes out singing lines from "Tradition" from "Fiddler on the Roof"

 He reads some of the traditional prayers from the book. Talks about the tradition and then blesses the food with more prayers and the sprinkling of holy water. Most people give him samples of their bakery in gratitude.

 
We then collect up our baskets and leave.

 
These three ladies are three generations of the same family, passing their traditions down through those generations.

Well that's all for this post. Next time (I promise a day or two at most.) We will look at pictures from the Easter vigil.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Make Maps for my Newton

Santa Matt's Cookbook for Men

My Rules Revisited