A Good Story

A friend of mine related this story to me. He doubted it was true, as do I but it is a good story none the less.

There was a woman who was very active in her Catholic church. Her specialty was organizing meals. It didn't matter, funeral luncheon, pot luck or a fund raising dinner, she was there to make it happen. And after each meal she would announce to everyone, "Keep your fork for desert." as the dishes were cleaned away.

Well she died and when she was layed out in her casket, instead of holding a rosary as is the Catholic custom, she was holding a fork. Everyone noticed this and some would smile remembering her announcing at each meal, "Save your fork for desert." Some people thought it was in bad taste. And a great many people were just puzzled.

When the time for the sermon came at her Funeral Mass, Father commented, "Some of you may have noticed she was layed out with a fork rather than a rosary as is our custom. This was at her request in her final wishes. She wanted everyone to know she had a wonderful life and loved you all dearly. Her time here was full of life, family, friends and church. Finally she wanted me to tell you this, keep your forks. Because no matter how good this life is for you, the best is yet to come.

So I add my two cents. When we have eaten our fill at the feast of life that the Lord has provided, there is still desert in heaven.

God Bless you and yours.

Comments

Anne said…
I hope mine is something akin to double brownie fudge sundaes.

Popular posts from this blog

How I Make Maps for my Newton

Why did I start this blog?

Santa Matt's Cookbook for Men