Rose died last night

Last night I sat vigil for a woman in hospice at the end of her life. She had family but sometimes they have to leave to get rest themselves. Earlier, in my Santa Claus post, I told how my mother had died in hospice surrounded by hospice staff. I had to get some rest and I did not think she would pass so quickly. But she did, but not alone because of the wonderful staff there.

Well last night I paid some of that back. I sat with Rose. I rubbed her shoulder and sang hymns to her, the cross above her bed letting me know she was a woman of faith. I would read to myself a bit and then do it again. Sometime while I was reading, so gently that I did not even know the exact moment, she died. But I don't do this because I feel a need to "pay back". I do this because it needs to be done and because my spirit soars with the thought that I can help someone, some family, at that most difficult time.

Rose died last night, but not alone.

God Bless you and yours

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Make Maps for my Newton

Why did I start this blog?

Santa Matt's Cookbook for Men