God doesn't make junk!

Due to changes in my Christmas schedule I was finally available to appear as Santa at the "YMCA Santa Run". So on the appointed day and time I found myself with Mrs. Claus posing for pictures and talking with the runners as I moved to the area the Y had setup for me. Families would come and get pictures with Santa and Mrs. Claus. One of the people that came for pictures was a grandma and three grand children, a brother and sister around 5 years old and their cousin a girls about 7 or 8. It was immediately apparent that the brother and sister were her favorites. She seemed to only want pictures of them with Santa. At one point when the older child tried to be in a picture grandma told her "Get out of the picture. You're ruining the picture." After several minutes of this the little girl was in the corner crying and I was seething but I held my temper in check. When grandma finished getting her pictures she took the two younger children aside to look at the pictures. 

I have Santa cards with my picture on the front and saying "I saw you being nice." On the back is an icon of Santa praying over the manger and this verse; "And the angel said fear not for I bring you tidings of great joy, which is for all people. For unto you this day, in the city of David is born a savior who is Christ the Lord." I got out a card and knelt next to the little girl. I showed her the card and said, "I am only giving out one of these cards today and I am giving it to you. In all of history there has never been a person like you, In the entire world today there is only one of you. And in the future there will never be another like you. You are God's unique masterpiece." I handed her the card and said, "Take this home and put it someplace you will see it everyday. And when you see it, remember Santa loves you unconditionally and that God also loves you unconditionally, you are his unique masterpiece. And God does NOT make junk!" She took the card, looked at me and smiled.

Quite often we find ourselves at some place or at an event and we wonder how did I come to be here? Why am I here? Just remember you may not be there for you. Maybe someone needs help and God sent you. Look around, you may find a little girl, crying in the corner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Make Maps for my Newton

Why did I start this blog?

Santa Matt's Cookbook for Men